SharePoint Intranet and How It Improves HR Communication
What do you know about Microsoft SharePoint? Do you know that this is an intranet portal that people use right now? Businesses today would choose this over the others because this is very versatile and flexible. It can meet the needs of companies. It can particularly provide the help needed by the HR department.
The best thing about this is that this can be customized depending on your company’s needs. All companies have unique needs. You want to make sure that this can help you with the following:
- Improving service delivery
- Improve the communication between employees
- Reduce the dependency of the HR department on IT
Some employees are not keen on upgrading to more high-tech stuff. Through SharePoint, they will begin to appreciate the different tools that they can use to make their jobs easier. Instead of doing repetitive tasks, they will realize the advantages that they can get.
How SharePoint Can Provide the Help They Need
There are different things that SharePoint can provide to the HR department. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Employees can be given self-service capabilities – Whenever employees need something, they do not need to contact the HR department all the time. What they can do is check the portal. The content in the portal will be enough to give them what they need.
- The hiring process can become easier – Instead of having to check the resumes of applicants one by one, all of the resumes can be available through the HR portal. The staff members of the HR department will be in charge of checking the resumes. They can be approved or rejected easily. The applicants can also view their applications so that they do not have to wait for a long time.
- Access to Different Tools – Employees can get access to different tools that can also help them with work. For example, employees can check the activities that they need to do from day to day. They can even have their folders so that they can customize these folders accordingly.
Advantages of Using SharePoint for HR
The employee onboarding and off-boarding process can be improved well with the use of SharePoint. The HR department can be in charge of knowing what stage the employee is in. Some staff members would have to onboard more than 10 employees in a week. Doing the onboarding process manually and one-by-one can be very tedious.
Off-boarding is also going to be critical for the HR department. The staff should make sure that employees that are no longer connected to the company will not be able to access the portal anymore.
Another advantage that can be used is the payroll. It can be hard for people to keep track of all the salaries of employees. The payroll documents can be uploaded on the portal so that employees can view their payroll for that cut-off. Procedures about the payroll and things that are related to salaries can also be accessed from there.
Other advantages are the following:
- Collaboration can be easy – Whenever the staff members would need to collaborate. They simply need to log in to the portal and start chatting with the other team members.
- Create calendars for employees – Employees need to know what they would do next. Having a calendar will be ideal for them. They will be able to plan and manage their activities properly. The better they are at managing their time, the more productive they will be.
- Announcement boards can be placed – HR departments do not need to contact employees one-by-one or send an impersonal email to the rest of the employees. The announcement board can be one of the first things that people will see when they access the portal. Whenever this is updated, all of the employees will be able to view the update.
Creating a Custom HR System is Ideal
To make SharePoint very helpful for your company especially the HR department, you need to customize it. Personalize it depending on what your company needs. Get to know your company’s unique traits and incorporate that into the type of system that you want to offer.