How to Build a Learning Management System in SharePoint?
You know that for your organization to succeed, you need to make an effort to learn more about tracking the different things that you have to do. One of the best things that you can use is SharePoint. It can be effective in the type of Learning Management System that you want to create.
Reasons Why Having a SharePoint LMS Will Work
You may think that you have to look far to get the best Learning Management System. The truth is, you do not have to look far. You can just consider SharePoint and the things that it can do. You will not be disappointed with all of the things that it can provide.
- You can reduce the costs that you are going to spend. Just imagine if someone from HR would need to onboard a lot of people before the end of the week. There are a lot of resources that would be used up. When in fact, the resources can be repeated if they would just be placed in the right portal.
- The interface is easy to understand. People think that its likeness to Microsoft Office makes this one of the easiest interfaces to use. This can be integrated properly into the LMS too.
- Content managing is going to be much easier. SharePoint is known for its content managing capabilities. It can also be effective for training. Just imagine if different people who need to be onboarded and trained. All of the things that they need will be available through the portal. This is better than having an actual seminar and requiring everyone to attend at a specific time.
- It will also provide enough storage for the needed content. You would need to put a lot of content so that almost everything that your employees need will be available there. This will lessen the time that you will spend having to explain some details to them.
SharePoint LMS Key Features
There are different things that you can expect when you try SharePoint LMS. Some of these features include the following:
- Learning Content Management – This will support multiple types of learning content. For example, if you want to use audiobooks, this can be helpful. Uploading videos will be possible as well. It can also support the content created with third-party websites.
- Learning Process Administration and Delivery – It can assign different courses to people who would like to learn. Some can also choose depending on the career path that they want to take. The course calendar can also be available so people know exactly when they should take the classes.
- Learning Evaluation and Certification Management – The HR department needs to understand everything that is happening. They should also know the feelings of all the employees. They can gather all the right information through learning evaluation. There will also be an available space for the different learners to identify what their competencies are. This can also help the HR department figure out if some employees can excel at certain jobs. This will be helpful when the department would need to do recruitment.
- Communication and Social Features – Who says that people will not be able to communicate? SharePoint allows this to be possible. The chat feature will help people communicate with each other. If some questions need to be asked, they will be asked easily. There is no need to wait for a long time anymore.
- Security and Compliance – No one would like to use LMS if it is not secure. This will be secure. It will provide all of the things that employees may need to protect people’s data.
SharePoint LMS Customization Capabilities
Different custom templates are available depending on what employees need. These templates are easy to understand too. People do not have to exert a lot of effort to make things work.
Other customization capabilities that you should be aware of are the following:
- There are performance assessment dashboards that will allow people to get the results they want immediately.
- Administration workflows will be easier to understand. It will also help all the employees to stay on track.
- The page layout and navigation can be done easily. You can also place the unique branding of your company.
- Templates are readily available. Whether you are searching for onboarding forms, automated onboarding training, and so much more, all the things that you want can be available right there.
No matter what industry your company is in, you know that there are different benefits to get when you check out SharePoint LMS. Make sure to gather all of the information that you need. All the things that you need are accessible and available.